Does the home screen of your mobile phone look like this?
Just a mumble jumble mix of app after app after app (half of which you have only used once). It may be time for an app detox! Get back to being able to see the background picture on your phone (and save loads of memory too!) with a quick reorganization of the applications on your iPhone! All you need is about 5 minutes of your time. Here’s how:
- Start by looking at each and every app on your phone. Do you need it? When is the last time you used it? If the answers to these questions are somewhere along the lines of “No” and “Never”, get rid of it! It’s extremely simple to delete an app from your IPhone. Simply press the app and hold it down for about 3 seconds, you will then see the apps “wiggle” and a small “x” will appear in the upper left corner of each app. To delete, just press that “x” and confirm you would like to delete it. It’s as simple as that!
*Keep in mind, if you aren’t sure if you are going to ever use an app again as you haven’t used it in a while, but you might in the future, it is easy to download an app again when you do need it!
- Once you have deleted all of your unused apps that are no longer needed, next, pick the 4 most common applications used the most to be placed on the bottom toolbar. For me, I use Messages, Mail, Safari, and Phone the most often, so I placed them where they are easily accessible. Simply hold down the application and drag it to the bottom toolbar.
- Next is to group similar apps into the same folder. I like to use the following:
- Utilities- Holds my Calender, Calculator, Clock, Settings, App Store, Contacts, and Notes, etc.
- Photography- Holds my Camera, Photos, and photo editing apps, etc.
- Finances- Holds my bank account and credit card apps, etc.
- Social Media- Holds my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Music- Holds all my music apps such as Pandora, Spotify, Itunes, etc.
Feel free to add/change folders to suit your phone and your needs. Each phone is as unique and different as the individual who possesses it. Just see what groupings you can make from the apps you have!
Every IPhone has a few apps that come Included and are not able to be deleted. Unfortunately for me, I rarely use these apps. I placed all these apps in another folder, and place that folder in an unseen location (on the second screen when you swipe left).
So I now have 5 main folders containing all of my apps. I labeled each of the folders and placed them on the home screen of my IPhone in alphabetical order.
Instead of a bunch of apps taking up my entire home page, I now only have 5 folders on my screen and 1 folder on the second screen (when you swipe to the left). I know where each and every app is at, I don’t have excessive apps that I don’t use taking up memory and space on my phone, and now I can actually see my background image!
It’s your turn! I hope this has inspired you to do a little app detox of your own and get rid of all those apps that are bogging down your memory and cluttering your home screen!