If you’re a frequent reader of this blog, you know that one of the first habits to begin on your organizing journey is making your bed.
I talked about it in The “Make Your Bed” Theory.
Once I decided to live a more organized life, this is one of the first habits I implemented in my daily routine. Here’s why:
- Once it’s made your less likely to crawl back in that comfy oasis.
- It’s easy to do!
- It sets a good example for your children.
- Unlike couch cushions, the kitchen sink or other areas of your home, once it’s made it tends to stay made.
- It makes your bedroom look clean(er).
- If you encounter rough waters in the rest of your day you’ve accomplished at least ONE thing for that day. Give yourself a pat on the back!
- Having that neat and tidy bed gives your bedroom a retreat feel…which YOU deserve.
- At the end of your day there’s just something about peeling back those cool clean sheets and crawling in.
If you don’t already, begin making your bed every morning for two weeks. After two weeks you’ll find that it begins to automatically become part of your routine.
Enjoy Life Organized!