It’s summertime, the kids want to hit the pool and it’s hot outside! No one wants to be in the kitchen cooking under these conditions!!
So with a little preparation, planning and less than 30 minutes, you can prep 2 easy meals and 1 healthy snack!
- Plan your meals ahead of time. Keep it simple. On this day, I made breakfast tacos, egg-tuna salad for lunch and carrots with hummus for a snack.
- Clean, prep and slice and dice fruits/veggies for all meals at the same time. This can be done the morning of or the day before.
- Use easy to use proteins such as eggs, sliced turkey, peanut butter, and tuna which don’t require much prep/cook time.
- Don’t forget about snacks! This is your opportunity to create easy to grab HEALTHY snacks. I had a bag of carrots that I sliced into sticks, placed in individual grab bags and placed in our refrigerator snack drawer.
- Sneak veggies in wherever you can…..those red bell peppers found their way into our breakfast tacos and egg-tuna salad!
***Quick tip for picky eaters*** Sometimes it’s how you describe the food that makes all the difference. When my 4-year-old asks, “What are those red things?” I simply reply, “They are the most-delicious-sweet-red-bell-peppers-packed-with-vitamin-C-to-keep-you-healthy!” (He likes to hear how things will make him healthy and strong. Quirky kid!)
We love to hear what you have to say! Share your best meal and/or healthy tips to minimize time in the kitchen this summer!
Thanks for reading!
Organization is a commitment to managing your life so that you create more time, spend less money and have less stress as your home and life becomes purposeful.
-One Organized Mama